|BASIC FUNCTION |
The basic function of waiters/waitresses is to provide attentive, timely, and courteous dining room service to residents and their guests at meals in the dining room(s) and at special events.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dietary Services Manager
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND CREDENTIALS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Experience as a waiter/waitress as well and knowledge of a' la Carte service is preferred but not required. On-the-job training is provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
1. Practices good customer service principles at all times when interacting with residents and guests.
2. Promotes attention to resident needs, preferences, and requests during dining service, consulting a supervising nurse when appropriate.
3. Reviews menus and daily specials before serving times.
4. Greets residents and their guests in a timely fashion for expedient service.
5. Helps seat residents and guests.
6. Takes resident meal orders.
7. Serves food promptly and efficiently to keep food hot and service timely.
8. Follows accepted wait practices for serving food, pouring beverages, removing dishware, etc.
9. Listens courteously to residents and responds appropriately to their needs, requests, and questions.
10. Replenishes beverages as needed or requested.
11. Helps assure that the dining area is kept neat and orderly.
12. Practices appropriate handwashing before serving food.
13. Promptly notifies housekeeper if spills occur.
14. Does not accept tips which is against our service policy.
15. Reports any resident complaints about food quality to the Dietary Services Manager.
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
If fulfilling other duties, see the relevant job description.